Monday, June 22, 2009

An afternoon of fellowship

Yesterday afternoon we spent the time hanging out with the Frontline staff and families. I think what we were apart of was the Frontline version of leadership community. The afternoon was spent playing volleyball, basketball, a water balloon fight, and some time of sharing and worship. It really was a good time. During the sharing time, Frontline asked us all to get up and share a little bit about our experiences that we have had. I am not sure I have it all processed yet. I am not sure what to make out of the this trip but I do know that I am a huge believer in how this organization works and the things that they do. There is something about mission trips that have a way of humbling the spirit. Coming into the trip I was really tired. It had been such long school year. Between going through Nat'l boards, teaching full time, random school committees/commitments, and working at the church, I was tired and beat. There were so many obstacles to overcome to even get here. There were days, I didn't even know as I wanted to come. To be honest, I just felt like I had nothing left to give and I wasn't excited about putting on a mask and pretending like I did. I just wanted to crawl into a hole for a bit and just enjoy not having to do ANYTHING. I think what I needed to figure out is how to prioritize life a little bit. I need to begin asking myself where my passion really is and then just go after that. I can't go through another year where I allow myself to say yes to so many things.

Jeff Pesina challenged our group and the frontline staff a bit. He asked us a few questions about what we believed and he pushed on to ask, if we truly believe that stuff, why wouldn't we be willing to do some crazy and unexplainable things for God. Why would we let finances, money, and fear hold us back from anything. Why would we let insecurity talk louder than what other people say or believe. I don't know what to make of it all but it made my wheels spin a bit.

No comments: