Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Sunday in church Frontline did a special service for father's. Although it was a really nice service, it made me really miss my Dad. I think the icing on the cake is when they made all the Dad's stand up and the mic was passed along to the kids as they sang the song "Hero" by Mariah Carey. I am blessed to have a Dad that I have such a good relationship with.

This trip pulls at the heartstrings a little bit. I have met so many kids that have parents that had kicked them out, abused them, or just let them run off to defend for themselves. I know that I was cared for in so many ways both growing up and now. Mom and Dad, I really appreciate all that you have done for me in my life. Thanks for all the support and encouragement you have given me. Thank you for protecting me, providing for me, and for helping me become the woman I am today.

No comments: